8 Day Package from Lima to Lima
Abundance…yep, we all want it. While Monograms can’t help you win the lottery, we can help you find “the land of abundance,” which is how the Quechua Indians refer to Peru. And let’s be honest, when it comes to archaeological treasures, few places compare to Peru! So let Monograms make it easy for you to travel to Peru on this 8-day vacation. We’ve arranged hotel reservations for you, buffet breakfast daily plus a few other meals, sightseeing, and transportation between cities. Plus, to help you feel comfortable in this foreign land, you’ll have access to a Local Host® in each city, a “friend” who will answer your questions, offer suggestions, and help your vacation run smoothly.
On your first day in Lima, your first Local Host will meet you at your hotel and give you materials to familiarize you with the city. The next morning, after an included breakfast, your guided sightseeing with a local expert features the historic city center and Santo Domingo Convent with its relics—not to mention insider stories to make the experience really come alive. Then you’re off to Cusco, high in the Andes. In Cusco, among many sights, your included sightseeing tour features the Santo Domingo Monastery, an important temple devoted to the sun, and the Temple of Sacsayhuaman, built in the early 12th century with some stones weighing more than 350 tons—built without the use of modern technology and machinery! Cusco offers some fantastic gastronomic delights, so be sure to ask your Cusco Local Host for recommendations. In the Sacred Valley, visit the market town of Pisac, where you can find local wares at bargain prices, and Ollantaytambo, a great example of Inca town planning and with some of the finest examples of Inca masonry.
No trip to Peru is complete without a visit to Machu Picchu, built in 1450 at the height of the Inca Empire and without a doubt one of the most magnificent settings in South America. You’ll take a train to Machu Picchu, receive an included tour, and if you desire, you’ll have the opportunity to see the sunrise over Machu Picchu and hike to the Sun Gate, the ancient entrance used by the Incas, with your second included entrance to the ruins. Plus, you’ll have access to a Local Host in Machu Picchu—someone who can tell you the history and the culture like no one else.
You’d think the opportunity to have three Local Hosts to assist you would be enough for Monograms. But we’ve taken it one step further by including transportation, sightseeing, and breakfasts. With Monograms, you’ll get to experience the “land of abundance” as it was meant to be experienced!
Insider Benefits Included in Your Vacation
Monograms is all about connecting you to your destination with unmatched insider guidance and support to make travel a pleasure. With a team of local experts in each destination, your Monograms vacation includes local assistance and tips that only a local would know. In addition to an expertly-planned vacation with great hotels and included sightseeing, Monograms means you’ll get the VIP treatment from a team of local insiders who help you put your signature on your vacation.
- Arrival & Hotel Transfer – Monograms greets you like a VIP when you arrive at your destination then whisks you off to your hotel with a friendly Monograms operated transfer, complimentary for guests who have purchased their flights through Monograms.
- Hotel Check-In – Once you arrive at your hotel, your own Monograms Local Host® is there to greet you, help you get checked in, and share lots of destination insights with you to get your vacation started.
- Sightseeing – Get an insider’s look at the must-see sights with the insight and knowledge of an expert Monograms Local Guide. Delight in the stares of regular tourists as they slide you past the line and right into the doorway with VIP access.
- Free Time – Your Monograms Local Host® can provide tips and suggestions and even help you book activities & excursions to make the most of your time at your destination, helping you drink in the local culture in just your style.
- Dining – What better restaurant recommendations can you find than from a local who knows? From haute cuisine to hidden cafes, from street food to Michelin Stars, your Local Host® can give you the inside scoop on finding your favorite fare.
- MonogramsGO App – To help you feel even more comfortable in your destination, Monograms offers access to our MonogramsGO app where guests can check flight, hotel and transfer information and customize their trip with a host of local suggestions.
- City Connections – When your vacation includes traveling from one city to another, we’ll get you to your train or plane, stress free with door-to-gate service. Your local Monograms team awaits your arrival at your next destination.
- Activities & Excursions – Monograms offers a range of amazing experiences you can add to your trip, vetted by our team and perfectly coordinated with your Monograms package. Add them before you leave or on trip with the help of your Local Host®.
- Airport Departure – Parting is such sweet sorrow. When you’ve explored all that you can explore and it’s time to head home, your Local Host® will ensure a smooth departure, on time and on point, stress-free.
* The “Starting at” or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. Pricing may vary on this date due to hotel availability. Some packages require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Monograms).ISM
Welcome to Lima. Heralded as the “City of Kings” by Spanish conquistadors, Lima retains vestiges of its opulent past with its colonial buildings and world-class museums. Your hotel is available for mid-afternoon check-in.
Your included CITY TOUR focuses on Lima’s rich colonial history as well as the modern city. Lima was the bastion of Spanish South America from its founding in 1535 until the independence of the South American republics in the early 19th century. See the Cathedral, where the remains of Francisco Pizarro are sealed in a wooden coffin, and the SANTO DOMINGO CONVENT to see the relics of three famous Peruvian saints—Santa Rosa de Lima, San Martin de Porres, and San Juan Macias.
Fly to Cusco, high in the Andes. Your GUIDED TOUR visits the SANTO DOMINGO MONASTERY, one of the most important temples devoted to worship of the sun. It is said it was covered in gold leaf and filled with golden representations of nature. At Plaza de Armas, see the cathedral before taking a short drive outside the city to the ruins of SACSAYHUAMAN with its intricate stone walls, the amphitheater of KENKO, and the red fortress of PUCA PUCARA.
Today, a short drive into the Urubamba Valley, the Sacred Valley of the Incas, brings you to AWANAKANCHA to learn about the importance of the alpaca (llama) for Inca cultures, as well as the ancient weaving techniques still in use today. Continue to the market town of PISAC, where you can buy handmade rugs, alpaca sweaters, and jewelry at bargain prices. At the other end of the valley, visit OLLANTAYTAMBO to see some of the finest examples of Inca masonry.
Board a TRAIN TRIP bound for MACHU PICCHU and cut a path through the Sacred Valley to this “Lost City of the Incas,” discovered by American explorer Hiram Bingham in 1911. On a GUIDED TOUR, explore this intact fortress with its temple remains, holy houses, and mile-long aqueduct. For hikers, a brisk one-hour walk leads to the Sun Gate, the ancient entrance used by the Incas.
A morning at leisure allows you to wake up early to see the sunrise over MACHU PICCHU with your second included entrance to the ruins. Return to Cusco by train this evening, where your Local Host can recommend dining options for your free night.
Fly to Lima, where the remainder of the day is at your leisure.
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.