PERU: A LUXURY ADVENTURE
9 Day Package from Lima to Lima
Experience the best that Peru has to offer in the comfort of luxury lodging and rail travel from a golden age. Your Peru vacation package takes you to Lima where your Local Host® is on hand with a private city tour and any guidance you need to enjoy the city on your own. From Lima, fly to Cusco to join your Local Host there on a drive into the Sacred Valley in the Andes. Discover the fascinating Incan ruins of Moray and Maras, then retire to your luxury hotel in this lush Sacred Valley of the Incas. Enjoy private sightseeing with a visit to the market in Pisac. Browse the handmade rugs, alpaca sweaters, and jewelry here, then visit the Inca fortress of Ollantaytambo. Board the Vistadome train for Machu Picchu, the “Lost City of the Incas.” Enjoy an elegant dinner after a day of exploring the ruins, followed by a second entrance to see the ruins at sunrise. After tea time at the Belmond Sanctuary Hotel, board the enchanting Belmond train named after the discoverer of Machu Picchu, Hiram Bingham. Enjoy a 4-course gourmet dinner with fine wine on board, live entertainment, observation cars, and much more – it is bound to be a highlight of your journey! Returning to Cusco, visit the Plaza de Armas, Cathedral, and the Monastery that was once the Koricancha Temple of sun worship. This vacation package in Peru is an adventure in history and luxury that’s not to be missed.
Insider Benefits Included in Your Vacation
Monograms is all about connecting you to your destination with unmatched insider guidance and support to make travel a pleasure. With a team of local experts in each destination, your Monograms vacation includes local assistance and tips that only a local would know. In addition to an expertly-planned vacation with great hotels and included sightseeing, Monograms means you’ll get the VIP treatment from a team of local insiders who help you put your signature on your vacation.
- Arrival & Hotel Transfer – Monograms greets you like a VIP when you arrive at your destination then whisks you off to your hotel with a friendly Monograms operated transfer, complimentary for guests who have purchased their flights through Monograms.
- Hotel Check-In – Once you arrive at your hotel, your own Monograms Local Host® is there to greet you, help you get checked in, and share lots of destination insights with you to get your vacation started.
- Sightseeing – Get an insider’s look at the must-see sights with the insight and knowledge of an expert Monograms Local Guide. Delight in the stares of regular tourists as they slide you past the line and right into the doorway with VIP access.
- Free Time – Your Monograms Local Host® can provide tips and suggestions and even help you book activities & excursions to make the most of your time at your destination, helping you drink in the local culture in just your style.
- Dining – What better restaurant recommendations can you find than from a local who knows? From haute cuisine to hidden cafes, from street food to Michelin Stars, your Local Host® can give you the inside scoop on finding your favorite fare.
- MonogramsGO App – To help you feel even more comfortable in your destination, Monograms offers access to our MonogramsGO app where guests can check flight, hotel and transfer information and customize their trip with a host of local suggestions.
- City Connections – When your vacation includes traveling from one city to another, we’ll get you to your train or plane, stress free with door-to-gate service. Your local Monograms team awaits your arrival at your next destination.
- Activities & Excursions – Monograms offers a range of amazing experiences you can add to your trip, vetted by our team and perfectly coordinated with your Monograms package. Add them before you leave or on trip with the help of your Local Host®.
- Airport Departure – Parting is such sweet sorrow. When you’ve explored all that you can explore and it’s time to head home, your Local Host® will ensure a smooth departure, on time and on point, stress-free.
* The “Starting at” or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. Pricing may vary on this date due to hotel availability. Some packages require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Monograms).ISV
Welcome to Lima. On this vacation, experience the best that Peru has to offer from luxury lodging to unforgettable experiences. Your deluxe hotel is available for mid-afternoon check-in.
This morning, meet your LOCAL HOST who will take you on your PRIVATE CITY TOUR of Lima. Start at the Plaza de Armas to see the Government Palace and the cathedral. From here, stroll to the Santo Domingo CONVENT to see the relics of three famous Peruvian saints–Santa Rosa de Lima, San Martin de Porres, and San Juan Macias. End with a visit to the LARCO HERRERA MUSEUM, which houses the largest private collection of Pre-Columbian Peruvian art in the world. Your Local Host will be happy to help you plan your free time today.
Fly to Cusco, high in the Andes. Upon arrival, you will be met by your LOCAL HOST who will take you on a scenic drive into the lush Urubamba Valley, also known as the Sacred Valley of the Incas, where you will have lunch. Next, continue to the archaeological site of MORAY with its terraced platforms thought to be used as an agricultural testing area. You will also visit the salt flats of MARAS where salt has been mined using the same process since pre-Inca times. Later continue to your luxurious hotel nestled in the verdant Sacred Valley.
Today, your PRIVATE SIGHTSEEING of the Sacred Valley begins in the market town of PISAC. Handmade rugs, alpaca sweaters, and jewelry can be bought here at bargain prices. After time in the market, your next visit is the Inca Fortress of OLLANTAYTAMBO. Here, some of the finest examples of Inca masonry can be seen. Enjoy an included lunch before returning to your hotel this afternoon.
Board the Vistadome TRAIN bound for MACHU PICCHU and cut a path through the Sacred Valley to this “Lost City of the Incas,” discovered by American explorer Hiram Bingham in 1911. On a guided TOUR, explore this intact fortress with its temple remains, holy houses, and mile-long aqueduct. For hikers, a brisk one-hour walk leads to the Sun Gate, the ancient entrance used by the Incas. Enjoy an elegant dinner at your hotel this evening.
A morning at leisure allows you to wake up early to see the sunrise over MACHU PICCHU with your included second entrance to the ruins. This afternoon, relax at TEA TIME at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Hotel prior to boarding the famous BELMOND HIRAM BINGHAM TRAIN bound for Cusco. On board this enchanting luxury train, a four-course gourmet dinner is served along with fine wines and cocktails. Step back into the golden age while traveling in lavish Pullman carriages, breathing in the fresh air from the observation cars, and listening to live music with a Pisco Sour in hand. Upon arrival in Cusco, transfer to your hotel.
Your guided TOUR of Cusco visits the Plaza de Armas and its CATHEDRAL and the Santo Domingo MONASTERY, previously the Koricancha Temple, one of the most important temples devoted to worship of the sun. It is said it was covered in gold leaf and filled with golden representations of nature. This afternoon, in your free time, perhaps visit the Inca Museum or wander through the artisan district of San Blas.
Transfer to the airport for your return flight to Lima, where the remainder of the day is at your leisure.
Your vacation ends after breakfast this morning.