Explore the magnificent Mother City
Explore Cape Town and its surroundings on this 12-night self-drive getaway! Experience the melting pot of Cape Town, sip delicious wine in the Cape Winelands, spot whales in Hermanus and go game driving in Kariega Private Game Reserve.
- Take a stroll through the colorful streets of Bo-Kaap in Cape Town. Experience this former township, which is just as vibrant in history as it is in color!
- Browse local craft markets, check out Green Market Square in Cape Town and explore Woodmill Market in Stellenbosch.
- Say hello to the Western Cape’s cutest residents – African Penguins! Head to Boulder’s Beach and watch the little guys bask in the sun and swim in the turquoise water.
- Keep an eye out for Southern Right Whales in Hermanus, also known as South Africa’s whale watching capital.
- See the Big 5 up-close! Enjoy a luxurious stay in the brush and experience daily safari drives.
- Escape to bright blue waters, postcard-worthy landscapes, rolling vineyards, and wildlife-filled brush.
- Hear the sounds of elephant’s trumpet, dance to the beat of hand-drums, and spot whales’ tails poking up from the ocean.
- Try the vibrant flavors of authentic South African Braii, paired perfectly with a glass of local Pinotage, of course. On this vacation, become part of the magic of South Africa.
Start your journey in colorful Cape Town! Visit sparkling Camp’s Bay, hike up Lion’s Head, and stroll through Bo-Kaap – all while majestic Table Mountain sits in the background. For once-in-a-lifetime views, take a cable car up the iconic mountain and watch a truly unforgettable sunset.
Next, drive through the winding countryside to stunning Stellenbosch. Immerse yourself in the beauty of the South African Winelands and treat yourself to tons of sips and samples! From Stellenbosch, head to the Whale Coast! Gaze out at the bright blue waters of Hermanus, right near the meeting points of the Atlantic and Indian Oceans. Enjoy cliffside hikes, peaceful whale watching, and endless exploration. You’ll spend the next couple of nights in breathtaking Knysna – home of the picture-perfect Knysna Heads!
Your final stop may be last on the list of destinations, but it’s certainly not last in adventure. Drive to Kariega Private Game Reserve and watch your dreams of an African safari come to life! Take tons of photos and see the Big 5 and more in-person! Say hello to giraffes, elephants, zebra, and more.
Sample rate from JFK and is per person based on double occupancy.
We have selected the most economical flight schedule for you. Please note that shorter and more convenient flight options may be available at an additional cost.
Advertised vacation package prices are per person based on two people traveling together, unless otherwise noted. Advertised package rates are based on select departures and may not represent current prices. Sceptre